Services: Localisation/WordPress multilingual content/Website final check
Source language: English
Target languages: French, Italian, Portuguese, German, Spanish
Number of words translated: 20,000 words
Our client, NUMI AthleticSystem, is the sports and fitness retailer of an innovative NUMI AthleticSystem, an all-in-one, portable, timesaving training system that provides for a workout as efficient as in the gym by adding adjustable iron weights or sandbags.
An ambitious company with plans to grow their market, our client wanted their website to be localised into 5 languages and the source language revised. As a result, the client expected top-notch quality delivered within clearly defined timelines. We were also asked to insert the translated texts into the website’s back office (WordPress) and check the final content before the site was launched.
– Tight deadline until website launch
– Revision of the source language (English), adapting the texts to British English
– The client requested a more informal tone be applied and the text made more appealing and reader-friendly
– Exclusively native translators and proofreaders with previous experience in website localisation and marketing in the area of sports were assigned
– A CAT tool (memoQ) was used to ensure quality control and consistency between the translations and reduce costs by flagging repetitive content
– The translation was successfully inserted into the website’s back office (WordPress)
– A final check of the website was carried out by the translation team to verify spellings, consistency of terminology, formatting and make any final adjustments
We were aware of how important this project was from the offset and how tight the deadlines were, but our vast experience assured us we were the perfect service provider for the job. We knew we possessed the knowledge, expertise and professionals – a team of native translators and dedicated project managers – required to execute the task at hand. Working closely with the website developer, we created a workflow that cut costs and time spent by the developer. We believe all of this contributed to us establishing a positive long-term business partnership with our client.