Our policy regarding the collection and processing of personal data was drawn up to comply with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data.
The data controller is the company Inpokulis – Traduções e Eventos, Unipessoal, Lda, whose office is located at Rua Brites de Almeida, no. 18, 8000-234 Faro. If you have any questions about the processing of your data, you may contact the data controller at any time by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you access and use the site www.inpokulis.com, its content and/or our services, you unequivocally, freely and expressly agree and consent to your personal data, which you provide either at our request or optionally, being collected and processed by Inpokulis – Traduções e Eventos, Unipessoal, Lda under the terms herein.
The data supplied to and collected by Inpokulis – Traduções e Eventos, Unipessoal, Lda are used to:
- Reply to your requests for price quotations
- Help us improve and provide a personalised service to you
- Improve the efficiency of the website
Sending of newsletters, promotions and advertising materials. Customers may cancel their subscription to our e-mail newsletter service by clicking on the link in the newsletter sent to them by e-mail.
Pursuant to the data protection legislation in force in the European Union (GDPR), the use of personal data must be justified under at least one legal basis for the processing of personal data. An explanation of the scope of each of these grounds is provided below.*
Your consent constitutes the legal basis applicable to the collection and use of your personal data for customer service and marketing purposes.
*Legal grounds for the processing of personal data
- When you have consented to the processing of your personal data (you will be provided with a consent form to authorise the use of your data; said consent may be withdrawn later, if you wish);
- When processing is necessary to enter into a contract with you or to perform such a contract;
- When processing is necessary for Inpokulis – Traduções e Eventos, Unipessoal, Lda to comply with legal obligations that it must meet;
- When processing is necessary to achieve a legitimate interest and our reasons for using it prevail over your data protection rights;
- When processing is necessary for us to assert, exercise or defend a right in legal proceedings against you, us or a third party.
Name and contact details: We collect your first and last names, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number and other similar contact details.
Demographic data: Age, gender, country and preferred language.
Usage data: We collect data about the way you interact with our services. This includes such data as the functionalities that you use, the items you purchase, the web pages that you visit and the search terms that you use. This also includes data about your device and the network you use to connect to our services, including IP address, device identifiers (such as the IMEI number for phones), and regional and language settings. It includes information about operating systems and other software installed on your device, including product keys. And it includes data about the performance of the services and any issues that may have occurred as a result of your experience using those services.
Location data: We collect data about your location. These data may be precise or general. Precise location data may include Global Position System (GPS) data, as well as data identifying mobile communications towers and Wi-Fi hotspots. Such data are collected when you activate location-based services or functions. General location data may include a location derived from your IP address or data that indicates your location less accurately, such as a city or a post code, for example.
Content: We collect content from your files and communications whenever we need to in order to supply your services.
A cookie is a small text file that a website places on your computer, phone or any other device with internet access, and which contains information about your browsing on that website. Cookies are used to facilitate browsing and do not damage your computer.
Our cookies have various functions:
- Essential Cookies: Some cookies are essential for you to access specific areas of our site. They enable browsing on the site and the use of its applications, such as accessing secure areas that require you to log in. Without these cookies, the services that require them cannot be provided.
- Analytical Cookies: We use these cookies to analyse how users use the website and monitor its performance. This allows us to provide a high quality experience by customising our offering and quickly identifying and correcting any issues that may arise. For example, we use performance cookies to find out which pages are the most popular, which method of linking between pages is most effective or to determine why some pages are receiving error messages. Based on site usage, we may also use these cookies to highlight items or services on the site that we think will be of interest to users. These cookies are used only for the purposes of compiling and analysing statistics; no personal information is ever collected.
- Functional Cookies: By using functional cookies, we are able to remember users’ preferences. For example, thanks to these cookies there is no need to type in your username every time you visit the site.
In short, functional cookies store users’ browsing and usage preferences, so that the site does not have to be reconfigured every time you visit it.
The cookies used may be:
– Permanent cookies: These are stored on the internet browsers of the devices you use to access the site (PC, mobile phone and tablet) and are used every time you return to the site. They are generally used to steer browsing in accordance with the user’s interests. This lets us provide you with a more personalised service.
– Session Cookies: These are temporary and will only remain in your browser for the duration of your visit. The information obtained lets us identify problems and provide you with a better browsing experience.
Can cookies be deactivated?
Yes, you can deactivate cookies in your browser. Please be aware, however, that by deactivating cookies you may prevent some of the site’s services from functioning correctly, partially or totally affecting browsing on the site.
If you do want to block or delete cookies from this site, you can do so by changing the settings in your browser. Although the parameters may vary from browser to browser, you will commonly find this option in the “Preferences” or “Tools” menu. For more details on cookie settings, consult your browser’s “Help” menu.
Inpokulis – Traduções e Eventos, Unipessoal, Lda employs measures to safeguard the information collected against loss, destruction, disclosure, unauthorised access, misuse and alteration.
Although total security against intrusion cannot be guaranteed when transmitting data via the internet or website, Inpokulis – Traduções e Eventos, Unipessoal, Lda and our service providers and business partners make every effort to implement and maintain physical, electronic and procedural security measures designed to protect your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection requirements.
Inpokulis – Traduções e Eventos, Unipessoal, Lda adopts procedures internally and, where applicable, at subcontracting level to deal with personal data breaches (which could put data subjects’ rights at risk). Said procedures include detecting, identifying and investigating such circumstances; taking mitigating action; setting up information circuits between the person in charge and the subcontractor(s); involvement of Inpokulis – Traduções e Eventos, Unipessoal, Lda; and notifying the Portuguese data protection authority (CNPD) of any personal data breaches detected, within the deadlines set out in the regulation (no later than 72 hours after becoming aware of a breach).
Inpokulis – Traduções e Eventos, Unipessoal, Lda will keep your personal data only for the length of time that is strictly necessary within the scope of the reasons for collection.
At the end of that time, your personal data will be irreversibly anonymised (and the anonymised data may be kept) or they will be securely destroyed.
Pursuant to the GDPR, data subjects have the right to ask the data controller for access to personal data concerning them, as well as the rectification or deletion of said data.
Having consented to the processing of their data, data subjects may subsequently withdraw said consent at any time; the lawfulness of any processing carried out on the basis of previously-given consent will not be compromised when said consent is withdrawn.
You may exercise your rights of access, rectification, erasure, limitation of processing, opposition to processing, portability or withdrawal of consent by contacting Inpokulis – Traduções e Eventos, Unipessoal, Lda in one of the following ways: by sending an e-mail to email@example.com; or by sending a registered letter to Inpokulis – Traduções e Eventos, Unipessoal, Lda Rua Brites de Almeida, no. 18, 8000-234 Faro, Portugal.
Pursuant to the GDPR, data subjects have the right to lodge complaints with the competent supervisory authority, in this case the Portuguese data protection authority (CNPD).
If you have any questions about the way we use your personal data, please contact us in the first instance by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or a registered letter to Inpokulis – Traduções e Eventos, Unipessoal, Lda Rua Brites de Almeida, no. 18, 8000-234 Faro, Portugal.
Subject to certain conditions, you may be entitled to ask us to:
- provide you with additional information about the way we use your personal data;
- provide you with a copy of the personal data you gave us;
- give the personal data you gave us to another data controller of your choosing;
- update any imprecisions in the personal data we have on file;
- delete your personal data whose use is no longer legitimate;
- limit the way we use your personal data until a complaint lodged has been investigated;
Your exercising of these rights is subject to certain exceptions aimed at safeguarding the public interest (crime prevention and detection) or our interests (maintenance of professional secrecy).
If you do contact us to exercise any of these rights, we will analyse your request and reply within one month.
If you are dissatisfied with the way we use your data or with our response after you exercise any of these rights, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Portuguese data protection authority: Comissão Nacional de Proteção de Dados – CNPD, Rua de São Bento, no. 148, 3º, 1200-821 Lisbon | Tel: 213928400, e-mail: email@example.com).
Pursuant to Article 18 of Law 144/2015, in the event of a dispute, consumers may seek arbitration through an “Alternative Dispute Resolution Entity”.
Entities for the resolution of disputes involving contracts entered into in the district of Faro:
CIMAAL – Centro de Informação, Mediação e Arbitragem de Conflitos de Consumo do Algarve.
Customers or users who wish to express dissatisfaction with the provision of services, marketing of products or quality of service, may lodge a formal complaint, which will be analysed and processed by Inpokulis – Traduções e Eventos, Unipessoal, Lda. The person lodging the complaint must include sufficient identification details to make an analysis feasible and must provide a full and clear description of the reasons for lodging the complaint. Complaints may be lodged in three different ways:
- In the Electronic Complaints Book available at https://www.livroreclamacoes.pt.
- In the physical, printed Complaints Book at the company’s head office.
- By sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inpokulis – Traduções e Eventos, Unipessoal, Lda will always formally inform the complainant of the decision, irrespective of the outcome. Every effort will be made to ensure complaints are dealt with as quickly as possible. In particularly complex cases, the complainant will be kept informed of the progress of their complaint, using the means deemed to be most appropriate.