Services: Translation and DTP
Source language: English
Target languages: French, Dutch, German, Polish, Spanish, Italian
File formats: .idml/.indd and .ai
Tools: memoQ and Adobe InDesign
Number of words translated: 145,500 words
DTP: 620 pages
Our client, Checkpoint Systems, is a global EAS and RFID systems leader operating in the retail industry, encompassing loss prevention and merchandise visibility solutions into a growing multichannel environment. For this project, they required translations of their study: Retail security in Europe – Going beyond shrinkage to be presented at an international conference in Milan, Italy.
The study, which was conducted as a collaboration between academic researchers and retailers, was carried out by Crime&tech, a Transcrime – Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore spin-off company, with the support of Checkpoint Systems. The study provides a picture of the level of security in the retail sector and the losses incurred by retail companies in 11 countries: Belgium, Germany, Finland, France, Italy, the Netherlands, Poland, Russia, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom (UK).
Other key facts
– Fast turnaround time while maintaining high quality, consistent translations
– Professional translators with background knowledge of the industry and well-honed research skills selected to work on the project
– Specific terminology for the retail sector used and built into a multiterm glossary
– .idml file format adopted in translations using the memoQ CAT tool, making it easy for the designer to work on the DTP in a later stage
– Automatic linguistic Quality Assurance was run in memoQ by the project manager to ensure consistency
– Adjustments made of the translated files in Adobe InDesign by our professional multilingual typesetting specialist (the team had to recreate the .indd file for the Italian version, as the client sent us the source file in Word format)
– PDF check carried out by the translation team for their final “in-context” review
– Numerous teams have to coordinate their efforts in projects of this size, including the project manager, translators, proofreaders and DTP team. Part of the project included sharing biweekly reports with the client to update them on every aspect of the project
The project was delivered on time, and we were more than happy to hear that the study was later successfully presented by the client at the international conference. Inpokulis continues to work closely with Checkpoint Systems, meeting all their translation, localisation and DTP needs.
We are very happy to work with such a professional and close team. We really recommend Inpokulis as a quick and high quality translation agency.
Helena Lozano – European Marketing Coordinator