Vale do Lobo
Services: Translation and Copywriting
Source language: Portuguese, English
Target languages: Portuguese, English
Number of words: About 100,000 words translated/ About 10,000 words of copy produced
Founded in 1962, Vale do Lobo was the first resort built in the Algarve, having developed into the most prominent luxury resort of its kind in Portugal and gained recognition as one of the best resorts in Europe. What makes Vale do Lobo unique is the human connection fostered through the resort’s facilities and set-up, which span active living, wellbeing, nature and dream experiences.
Inpokulis was contacted in 2019, becoming the resort’s linguistic services partner for communications across several different communication channels.
– The first step taken was to arrange a briefing meeting with the marketing team to ensure that the translation and copywriting service delivered was of the highest quality and that we had completely understood their needs.
– The information gathered was then passed onto our translation & copywriting team.
– Linguists were screened, and only those with previous experience in tourism/marketing and wellbeing and the right cultural knowledge of the region were selected for the project.
– Our first project together involved drawing up a brochure to share new Signature Architect Projects. The project involved translation, proofreading and copywriting services, so take a look at the striking end result: Here
– Another long-standing project with Vale do Lobo involved developing a fresh look for the resort’s monthly newsletter: Living. The first two newsletters employed our copywriting services, with subsequent editions translated by our specialist team. Check out the final product!
– As part of this ongoing project, we also translated various marketing materials: press releases, descriptions of experiences, holiday packages, brand guidelines, etc.
We were aware of how vital these initial projects were from the offset and how tight the deadlines were, but we knew we amassed the expertise and professionals – a team of native translators and dedicated project managers – required to execute the task at hand. We believe all of this contributed to us establishing a positive long-term business partnership with our client, and Inpokulis is happy to continue working closely with Vale do Lobo, meeting all the resort’s translation needs.
Working with Inpokulis has been a positive experience since day one. They made time and effort to understand our needs and strategic direction and tried to apply these throughout several future projects. The team is agile and flexible. All projects are delivered within the deadlines set and to the expected level of quality.
Vale do Lobo – Marketing Team